December 25, 2001

Saigon, December 25, 2001
Christmas does NOT feel like Christmas here. I had chicken noodle soup for dinner tonight and I'm exhausted - I'm going to bed soon.
Spent all night playing cards (teaching Gin Rummy & Hearts to my vietnamese friends) and then went straight over to the Mekong Delta and across the new My Thuan bridge which was built in conjunction with (or by) Australia. It was a 3 hour drive that really resulted in a small boat ride to a lychee orchard, and then back 2 hours to Saigon.

In my exhaustion, I fell asleep while grammy was talking to me earlier about past life events, after she told me that my brother (Forrest Gump) got a 100% raise and how that good news has made her aching bones a little bit less achy. So, good night. I'll try to log on from Australia.
h.

by the way, emails are always appreciated.
you've got the address.
knowing what you're all up to gives me incentive to actually keep blogging, even if you're just describing a visit to the grocery store. It makes me less homesick!

No comments: