January 21, 2002

Saigon, Vietnam
Okay, Kim has posted the 50 photos from her digicam on this site. Check it out.
Adventure photos
In the second picture, notice how smokey Sydney was that day - from all the bush fires. It cleared up the next day, though.

Yesterday I spent a beautiful day in Vung Tau at the Binh An resort which hasn't even opened yet, but it's a graciously landscaped plot of land on what I consider to be one of Vietnam's most commercially tacky beach towns. It's a beautiful haven to which you are wonderfully excluded from the rest of the peninsula. Unfortunately, my return to Vietnam this time is similar to that of my return in August - I'm grumpy. I'm grumpy because all of the littering and bribery and dishonesty of the country is intolerable after being in such magnificent countries as Australia and New Zealand. No matter, I will only be here for less than four weeks and I'll spend most of it on vacation outside of Saigon. Tomorrow I will go to the beach for 2 days and then head to Cambodia for about 3 or 4 days. Should be fun. Will try to get pictures up before I leave VN if possible. If not, you'll just have to wait till Spring. I'm BUSY for a retired person.
ciao,
h.

No comments: